transThe use of cannabidiol for medical and therapeutic purposes is a relatively new treatment in medicine, even though Cannabis has been used for centuries. There is no longer a question of whether Cannabis has a medical value. It is now necessary to consider how to optimize the therapeutic use of Cannabis according to lifestyle and situation. Medical professionals and scientists are only now beginning to develop dosing and use schedules and calculators for medical marijuana, therapeutic Cannabis and its extracts (including CBD).
In countries where medical marijuana is legalized, many doctors are reluctant to prescribe cannabinoids, such as CBD, for two reasons:
- doctors cannot prescribe (only recommend) cannabinoids, as not all people have the same recommended universal dose, they need to go into each case.
- most medical schools never include CBD/cannabidiol therapy in pharmacology lectures (but looks at a medicine program that is mainly based on already patentable substances).
And to introduce at least a somewhat uniform effective treatment scheme the main role is played by human sensitivity to THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) - an intoxicating ingredient of the cannabis plant.
Cannabidiol (CBD) does not cause an euphoric feeling like THC. CBD can actually reduce or neutralize THC depending on how much of each compound is in a particular product. A higher CBD - THC ratio means a lower "high" feeling. Nowadays, Cannabis patients have the opportunity to be cured without feeling "high".
Cannabis therapy is personalized medicine. There is not one CBD : THC ratio or dose that is optimal for everyone. However, scientists believe that even 2.5 mg of CBD combined with a small amount of THC can have a therapeutic effect.
A product with low THC is not always the best treatment option. A more balanced combination of CBD and THC could have a greater impact than CBD or THC alone.
In essence, the goal is to administer consistent, measurable doses of a CBD rich product with as much THC as the person feels a positive effect. By experimenting, observing exposure, and adjusting the amount of CBD and THC, a state can be found with the right combination of the two compounds.
Before we take a closer look at dosing, let's sketch out the most popular products and uses.
Insights into the most popular CBD product types:
CBD oil is available in seemingly endless forms, each with different concentrations of CBD and other phytocannabinoids. Determining the use of CBD oil first begins with choosing the type of use or intake - in other words, choosing the best way to use CBD oil for your needs and lifestyle.
So the following are distinguished.
- Drops of CBD tincture or CBD oil.
- CBD is concentrated into thick paste (often referred to as Rick Simpson oil or RSO).
- CBD oil in capsules.
- Phytocannabinoid-rich sprays/spritzers.
- Bottled water containing nano-sized CBD particles.
- Chewing gum with CBD.
- Directly dissolvable powders containing CBD (often mixed with other adaptogenic plants).
- Cooking oils (such as coconut oil or olive oil) with added cannabinoids.
- CBD infused edibles (i.e. gummies, brownies, biscuits, etc.; usually for people who are sensitive to smoking/vaping).
- Crystalline isolates.
- CBD-rich e-liquids and/or vape cartridges (similar to e-cigarettes).
- Transdermal patches with CBD (similar to nicotine patches).
- Cannabidiol infusions, oils, balms, lotions, shampoos or soaps (for topical use).
- Bath balls containing CBD.
We have summarized the uses and effects of CBD oil:
Digestible (e.g. food; capsules; oil drops; beverage powders) - easy to control the dose; slower effect 30 - 60 minutes. Duration of action - food/capsules: 4 - 6 hours; tinctures/drops: 2 - 4 hours.
Smokables (e.g. vapes; flowers) - fast effect; easy to use. Smoking/vaping is prohibited in many public places. Affects the lungs. The effect is immediate, lasts only 45 minutes - 1 hour. Useful if you are trying to quit cigarettes or need a quick action, eg for severe pain.
Topicals (e.g. oils, lotions; balms; gels) can be applied directly to the affected area; bypass the body's metabolism. Works for a long time. Easy to use in daily routine. Exposure is usually more than 5 hours.
Transdermal patches - the longest effect. Bypass the body's metabolism. Persistent release of CBD into the bloodstream. It may take several hours to feel the effect. Used on the skin, the effect is 1-2 days depending on the amount of adipose tissue and hair on the body. Use when other methods of use or intake are not available or possible.
Choose a CBD brand you can trust!
It is up to you to decide which brand of CBD oil to use. The large number of CBD brands on the market can be confusing for consumers and, on closer inspection, it is not difficult to see why. Vendors not only use different raw materials (CBD-rich Cannabis, industrial hemp, different strains, etc.), but also implement different extraction methods.
Once this understanding is in place, now is the time to learn more about CBD oil and how to find the right dose.
CBD is personalized medicine.
The dose of Cannabis for humans and pets should be determined individually. There are several factors, including general health and each individual's endocannabinoid system, that are affected by diet, physical activity, sleep, daily stress, and genetics. Cannabis is best used as part of a healthy lifestyle as part of your daily routine.
Here are some dosing variables to consider:
- Cannabis experience. Has the patient used Cannabis before? Or are they stoners who already use Cannabis every day but don't show good results? A veteran user may need a higher dose than a new user. Or a chronic user may need a break from increasing the dose to restart at a lower dose and re-establish sensitivity to Cannabis.
- Time of day. Optimizing the therapeutic use of Cannabis may involve the use of products with different CBD : THC coefficients at different times of the day - more CBD during daylight hours, more THC at night.
- Preventive dosing. Long-term low-dose therapy may be good for preventing chronic symptoms or preventing recurrence. Preclinical studies indicate that cannabinoids have neuroprotective and cardioprotective properties that could limit traumatic brain injury or heart attack damage.
- Cannabinoid acids. Raw, unheated Cannabis contains CBD and THC in 'acid' form, CBDA and THCA, which are non-intoxicating. Cannabinoid acids, taken orally for several months, can be effective in very small amounts, but it is difficult to accurately dose raw Cannabis. CBDA and THCA-rich products are increasingly available.
As mentioned above, there are innumerable variables such as weight, diet, body metabolism, genetics, environment, product consistency and much more that make it impossible to set a universal dose.
While we want to be able to provide the public with a mathematical CBD dose calculator, it is not quite that simple - it will still be a very rough estimate.
With these facts in mind, it is recommended that patients who are just starting treatment with Cannabis start with low doses of CBD (low THC or no THC, at your discretion) and increase the dose step by step (and THC if necessary). Take a few small doses during the day instead of one large dose.
We, GWEE PRODUCTS, have developed our own CBD oil usage standard by collecting data from other CBD product manufacturers and recording our customers' usage habits. See usage tables here.
Each GWEE bottle label indicates how many mg of CBD is in one drop. It is recommended to start with the doses indicated for mild and severe pain. Knowing your body weight, you can read the required dose from the table (see Table 1). The effect can be observed within 25 - 35 minutes. Every person's body is different, so if the dose in the table does not help you after a certain time, we recommend that you take another dose of the same size. You may not be able to determine your ideal dose for the first time, it will take time. In addition, you may find it helpful to write down your daily experiences in a notebook or scheduler so you can research exactly what works best for you. As mentioned, it may take a few days to experience the effect, so we recommend that you stick to the dose for a few days before deciding to change it.
The dose that has shown the result is the ideal dose for your body. It is not recommended to exceed this dose as this may change your body's sensitivity to this amount and a higher dose may be needed in the future to feel the desired result. It is recommended that you take the minimum dose that your body needs.
Important. Children and adults metabolize CBD differently. It may seem counterintuitive, but young children may tolerate high doses of Cannabis oil concentrates, including THC-rich preparations, which may be disturbing to adults. Therefore, it is not a good idea to calculate the dose for an adult based on what works for the child.
If a starting dose of 1 mg/kg CBD is appropriate for a child and the adult weighs 15 times more than the child, the correct starting dose for CBD in an adult should not be considered to be 15 mg / kg body weight. This may be too high a dose. Although no adverse effects are known at any dose of CBD, excessive amounts of CBD may be less therapeutically effective than a moderate dose.
In conclusion. CBD is a good substitute for synthetic painkillers. Customer feedback so far confirms that CBD helps against a variety of pain, sleep deprivation, stress, depression, migraines and also the side effects of chemotherapy. Cannabis consists of many different cannabinoids, which are characterized by therapeutic properties - they act on the endocannabinoid system in our body, influencing different physiological processes in our body.
Cannabis is a safe and forgiving medicine. Many trials and mistakes can be made in figuring out how to make the most of its health-enhancing properties. Don't worry! At the very least, Cannabis is not harmful and has minimal side effects unlike many FDA-approved medications.
So, if you are new to Cannabis for medical purposes, or want to improve your health with natural and therapeutic remedies, remember the phrase, "start slow, go slow."
The content of this site is for informational purposes only. We are not medical experts and this should not be interpreted as medical advice. Be sure to consult your doctor before undergoing CBD or other treatment.
The chemistry of every human body and brain is unique, so the use of CBD to improve mental as well as physical health does not guarantee results. However, many GWEEPRODUCTS CBD oil users have included it into their daily routine as one of the therapies for improving mental, physical health and quality of life.
References: cbdoilreview.org; projectcbd